January 22, 2008

On UFOs and Rednecks

Welcome back! Yes, I still update this blog. Every once in a while when I have something to say. I'm currently tossing around the idea of writing about the education system in America and how craptastic it is, or about art and its importance. But for today I'll write briefly about UFOs.

A story on NPR details a report that dozens of people in a small Texas town have seen a UFO. Around 40 residents reported seeing the flying object, although many were reluctant to say anything until others came forward. Here's where the fun begins: the sheriff said the object was "bigger than a Wal-Mart."

I have a new joke for Jeff Foxworthy: You might be a redneck if you use Wal-Mart as your measuring device.

"The house was the size of the women's department at Wal-Mart!"

"That cat was so large, you could have fit him in the biggest fish tank down at the local Wal-Mart."

"I saw a truck the other day that was so big, it couldn't have fit through the front doors of Wal-Mart!"

Another interesting tidbit about the whole thing is that the incident is "eerily similar" to one that happened a year ago at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. Hmmm...

Stay tuned for more developments. Or for more pointless blog posts about news stories I read.

Also--it snowed this weekend here in the Piedmont of North Carolina. My roommate and I were driving to church on Sunday morning, admiring the pristine white of the snow and its light dusting on the world. We pass by something on the road and pause in our conversation because we both noticed something.

Even the roadkill looks a little prettier when it has a light topping of snow.

That's all folks! I'll be here all week!

No comments: