January 4, 2010

Favorites of 2009

Originally I was going to do a whole series of favorites from 2009...but I'm a slacker. So I'll just make a list of random favorites and call it a day. Because I love lists and could make a list for just about anything in the world.

Favorite Movies in No Particular Order:
Up, Where the Wild Things Are, (500) Days of Summer, Taken, The Brothers Bloom, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Movies I Wish I Had Seen in 2009 But Will Wait Until They're on DVD:
Up in the Air, The Hurt Locker, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Coraline, The Princess and the Frog, Invictus, The Blind Side, District 9, Moon, Whip It, Adventureland, Sherlock Holmes, The Informant!

Best Guilty Pleasure Movie:
New Moon

Favorite Album bought this year:

Laura Gibson, Beasts of Seasons

Other Great Albums from this Year:

Andrew Bird, Noble Beast; K'naan, Troubador; The Decemberists, Hazards of Love; Lisa Hannigan, Sea Sew; Noah and the Whale, The First Days of Spring; Patrick Watson, Wooden Arms; Sam Amidon, All is Well; Horse Feathers, House With No Home; Regina Spektor, Far; Department of Eagles, In Ear Park

Favorite Single:
Stillness is the Move, The Dirty Projectors

Favorite Road Trip:
Visiting Carla and Donny in Georgia
Runner up is visiting Virginia early this year to see college friends--so much laughter.

Favorite (and only) Vacation:
Hawaii with Meredith to visit Josh, Val and Kristen

Favorite new Friend:

Maddie (Daniel and Amanda's dog--she's scared of everyone except about seven people in the world and I'm one of them)

Favorite Fiction Book:
The Kite Runner, by Khalid, Housseini (didn't come out this year, but the best I read this year)

Favorite Non-fiction Book:

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller

Favorite New Show:
Glee

Favorite Old Show:
Lost (Cannot wait until February 2)

Favorite New Addiction:
Twitter (tiffany_dorrin)

Favorite Daily Web Read:
The Pioneer Woman--She brings out the country girl in me. It's also refreshing to read a website that is full of optimism, humor and really great recipes.

Favorite Blogs Because I Can't Pick Just One:
(Limited to those I began reading this year)
A Cup of Jo
For Me, For You
MandR
Bryan Allain
Color Me Katie

2 comments:

Gabriele Gabba said...

Hey Tiffany, i came across this post and had to say that Up was the movie of the year for me last year. It was so touching!! I almost cried, like aaaalmost.

Ерёмин Эдуард Олегович said...

http://toplider7.blogspot.com/